If you've been following my retro videos of the day, you'll notice I tend to steer towards some of the more obscure and not overplayed tracks. Today is no exception. Australian synth-pop group Icehouse's first single from their 1986 Measure to Measure album was a sleeper hit called "No Promises". It reached #9 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock charts. This album featured the help of Brian Eno which was very evident on many of the songs on this album.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the stage....... Cans Of Piss !!! Oh - I mean R.E.M." Or, "Put your hands together for Van Halen formerly Rat Salad !!! Seriously. I'm not making that up. Its clear that musicians could be genius at crafting a melody and creating a lasting epic track that stands the test of time yet still really blow at naming their bands. Here's a few more examples : Feedback The Detours Johnny & the Moondogs The Rattlesnakes To see more famous groups and their original names before they snapped out of it and focused to come up with a good name, click here .
Comments